Friday 20 July 2007

Once upon a star.(An Angel's journal)

This story is really a draft but I hope you like it anyway.

It was one of those days, when there is a certain calm, the mind is at peace and you long just to dream. Some of the angels decided to play a game of football so I used this chance to slip away and take a walk. Heaven is always beautiful but on a day like this, its allure grows in leaps and bounds. It was a day when the butterflies all came out to play and they looked like petals floating in the breeze.

Even Suku, one of the youngest chimps wasn't up to his usual antics. He seemed to prefer his mother's back to terrorising the birds. I simply don't know how he does it. He loves to climb up a tree and scare the living daylights out of any bird. How on earth he manages to sneak up on a bird is absolutely beyond me but he does make us laugh.

Merry thoughts were going through my mind as i made my way to the fruit trees. I heard a sound and stopped. I could hear muffled sobbing as if the little creature didn't want anyone to hear but the woeful sound tore at my heart. I looked avidly for the sound until I caught sight of the lone creature. Why, it was a star.

I began to make my way to it when I felt a presence. It brought along with it, an aura, of peace and I knew it was my Lord. The star stopped weeping and quickly dried its tears. The master sat beside it. He spoke. I don't believe you've heard the master speak before but oh how wonderful that voice is. Its not that its sounds like anyone who should be getting a Grammy every year, it just makes you happy. You feel loved. I stood a far, a little guilty for eavesdropping but I longed to hear.

"What's wrong little one? Why are you so low?"

"Me, I'm so happy..." One look at the Master's face and he stopped lying.

"Lord, you already know, why should I tell you?"

"Because I love to listen to you."

"You do?" the little creature asked incredulously.

"Of course I do. Even the little snores you make when you're asleep. The sounds you make when you're pretending to be a train and cry 'choo choo' which drives the other stars crazy."
At that the little one chuckled, "It does drive them crazy." He grew quiet, then asked.

"Do you really love to listen to me? Do you really love me? Does it bother you that I can't shine as bright as the other stars do? We're so many. Billions of stars in just one of billions of galaxies. Do you even know I exist? I'm so little and my light is so dim." This outburst seemed to have drained all the energy in the little chapped and he breathed heavily as he kept his tear stained face on Jesus.

"Oh, come here," and He drew the little chap onto His lap.

"I knew you before you were made. I watched as you were formed. And I know there are so many creatures created, but I love you like there is no one else. Sure, you're not the brightest star, but you don't have to be, you're wonderful just the way you are. Remember the night you got measles and you had to miss your cousin's birthday party?"

"Yes," he nodded as his memory was jogged.

"and you prayed to God because you didn't want to be alone?"

"Yes, then a puppy just came out of nowhere and..." recognition dawned and he smiled, "you sent the puppy."

"Actually, it was an angel, who wasn't willing to be a puppy even on assignment, but he had so much fun he came back the next day."

I began to smile smugly. We'd had so much fun that night, I remember. We played catch and he loved it when I tickled him with my nose even if it was a doggy nose.

"In fact, that little angel isn't far off."

My heart began to race. This wasn't the way things were supposed to turn out.

"You can come out of hiding now."

I came out, not without some embarrassment.

"Rufus!" An excited star called out and ran to me. That was his puppy's name. I lifted him up high.
Jesus stood up and asked, "Do you doubt I love you now?"

The little guy shook his head and just as Jesus turned, the little star called out, "I love you too, Jesus."

5 comments:

  1. owwww. this was beautiful.

    hey, your comment on my blog...did you mean funny...ha ha, or funny...drop it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard another story about little angels...be sure to check on me in a couple of weeks...m sure you'd be interested. Nicely told here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!!!!!!!!!
    Great Story, So touching..
    I love Jesus too!

    ReplyDelete